We know that your privacy is very important to you. We make it our business for it to be as important to us. We aim to be as clear as possible about how and why we use information about you on this website. If your questions are not fully answered by the information below, please contact us. We’ll be happy to help. In order to make this information easier to read, we have organised it into a series of headings.
Our Guiding Privacy Principles
Compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998 underlies all of our personal information privacy practices. We also have a set of guiding principles which govern how we use the information that we collect about you on this website.
These principles are:
– We aim to continuously improve our website for you. We use information about you to help us to do this.
– We give you control over the information that we hold about you, who is allowed to see it and how it is used.
– We will not use your information for any other reason unless you specifically allow us to by ticking the opt in box on our payment authorisation form.
– We take all reasonable care to safeguard your information through security policies and secure business processes.
Why Baggage Hub Collects Information About You?
– To provide you with online services. Each service has different information requirements. Therefore, the information we need, and what it is needed for, can differ. For full details please refer to the terms and conditions for each service.
– To enhance or improve your experience on our website. When you indicate your preferences through our payment authorisation form or through your use of our site, we will use this information to personalise the site to better meet your needs.
– To provide you with information about products and services that we, or third parties we have carefully selected, believe will be of interest to you. We will only do this with your consent. You give us your consent by choosing to opt in on the payment authorisation form. You can change your mind and remove or add your consent at any time by emailing us.
– To keep your information secure. To minimise the risk of unauthorised access to your information, we use some of your information to authenticate you when using the website and our customer service helpdesk.
How do we collect information from you?
We collect information from you in three ways:
– Directly from you. Sometimes we’ll ask you for information about yourself, for example in our registration form or when you call our free phone number.
– From third parties. We may ask for information about you from third parties, for example when we get authorisation for a payment you make using a credit or debit card.
– From what you do on our site. This can show us for example which products you use most and least. We will use this information to personalise the site to better meet your needs and, where you have given us your consent by choosing to opt-in on the payment authorisation form, to provide you with information about our products and services we believe will be of interest to you.
Who sees your information?
The information we collect through our website will be used within the Baggage Hub group of companies. Exactly who sees your information depends on the context in which you provided it and whether or not you have opted in on the registration form. You can change your mind about the opt ins at any time and email Baggage Hub.
Sometimes we’ll share your information with carefully selected third parties outside the Baggage Hub group.
We may do this for the following reasons:
– To provide you with a service. Some of our services are provided in conjunction with our business partners, and we’ll need to disclose your information to them to provide you with the services. We make it clear in the terms and conditions for each service whether information will be passed to third parties or not.
– To provide you with information about special promotions and offers. If you have given your consent by choosing to opt in, we may share some of your information with carefully selected third parties so that they can provide you with information about products and services that may be of interest to you.
– To protect the Baggage Hub group or others. We may share your information with third parties when we believe it is necessary to comply with the law or protect our or another person’s rights, property, or safety. This includes exchanging information with third parties to protect against fraud and reduce payment risks.
We will only deal with third parties that we trust to act in our customers’ best interests and who treat our customers’ information with the same stringent controls that we apply ourselves.
How long do we keep your information?
How long we keep your information collected through our website depends on the context in which you provided it and whether or not you have opt in on the payment authorisation form. You can change your mind about the opt-ins at any time and send an email to Baggage Hub.
– We will keep your information that’s necessary for us to provide you with a service you have requested or purchased through this website for as long as it takes us to provide that service.
– We will keep your contact details for as long as we have your consent to send you marketing information and/or pass your contact details to third parties.
– We will keep records of any transactions you enter into on this website for up to six years. This is so that we can respond to any complaints or disputes that arise in that period.
– We will keep other information about you if it is necessary for us to do so to comply with the law.
Maintaining The Information We Hold For You
We aim to give YOU control over the information we hold about you. You can see the information you have provided to us through the website by logging in. You can also use this page to change or delete this information including the consents you have given us through the opt in process.
You can be deleted from this website’s databases by sending an email to our customer care team at email@example.com. Please type delete in the subject box. This will not delete information held about you on other Baggage Hub databases that was not provided through this website, or on third party databases.
You have a statutory right of access to accessible personal and/or sensitive personal data that we hold about you. In order to exercise this right, your application must be in writing for security reasons. Please write to the Data Protection Officer at Baggage Hub, Unit F, 33 Ridgway, Iver, Berks SL0 9HW United Kingdom. Please refer to the information you wish to see and enclose your cheque for £10 payable to Baggage Hub Limited.
You can of course request at any time that we correct any information we hold about you.
A Note About Optional Insurance
You can allow us to provide you with information about products and services that we, or third parties we have carefully selected, or we believe that will be of interest to you. We will only do this with your consent. You give us your consent by choosing to opt in on your payment authorisation form. You can change your mind and remove or add your consent at any time by emailing Baggage Hub.
– Selecting to opt out on this website will not prevent you from receiving information about specific services you have expressed an interest in. For example, if you opt out by emailing Baggage Hub Worldwide, and you request information regarding Visas, you will continue to receive information via email.
– When you choose to opt in through this website, this opt in will only apply to the information stored about you on this website’s databases. If you have provided information to a business in the Baggage Hub through another channel, the use of that information will not be affected by the opt ins you select on this website.
Please also note that the opt ins on this website cover all information sent to you, including by email and/or SMS text message.
Keeping Your Information Secure
We know that your privacy is very important to you and that you take the security of your information seriously.
We’ve implemented technology and security policies, rules and measures to protect the personal information we have under our control, both on and off-line, from improper access, use, alteration, destruction and loss.
Here are some of the ways we protect your information:
– Access to our online services is protected by something called SSL 128 bit session encryption. Encryption is the process through which sensitive information is scrambled before it is transmitted so that it remains private even if it is intercepted. 128-bit encryption is the strongest encryption currently used commercially. However, unless your Internet browser supports 128-bit encryption you will not be able to take advantage of this level of security. (See the How you can help keep your information secure. section below).
– Off-line, your information is kept securely in our databases and offices. We only allow our employees and trusted contractors access to your information, and then only if they need it for a specific authorised task. The computers on which we store your information are kept in a secure environment.
– We do not store payment card details from this website.
We will take all reasonable steps to protect your information, but data can never be guaranteed 100% secure. Please note that we will not be liable for any breach of security unless we have been negligent.
How You Can Help Keep Your Information Secure?
As you would expect of us, we will take all reasonable measures to ensure that the information you provide through our website is held and managed securely. However, there is a lot that you can do to help keep your information safe – not just on our website, but whenever you provide information online.
Use a secure browser. Encryption is the process through which sensitive information is scrambled before it is transmitted so that it remains private even if it is intercepted. 128-bit encryption is the strongest encryption currently available, but not all browser versions support it.
The popular browsers that support 128-bit encryption are:
– Microsoft Internet Explorer version 5.5 and later versions.
– Opera Browser Version 8
– Mozilla Firefox Version 1.5
Security upgrades for some older browser versions are available. We recommend that you contact your preferred browser provider for further information.
Here’s our page explaining our policy on Cookies – and what Cookies actually are.
Cookies are very small text files that are stored on your computer when you visit some websites.
You can disable any cookies already stored on your computer, but these may stop our website from functioning properly.
The following is strictly necessary in the operation of our website. This Website Will:
Remember what is in your shopping basket
Remember where you are in the order process
Remember that you are logged in and that your session is secure. You need to be logged in to complete an order.
The following are not strictly necessary, but are required to provide you with the best user experience and also to tell us which pages you find most interesting (anonymously).
This website will: Track the pages you visit via Google Analytics
This website will: Allow you to share pages with social networks such as Facebook (if available)
This website will not: Share any personal information with third parties.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org